Assessment and Referrals
Boston Workers Alliance provides a 1-on-1 Job readiness assessment to identify areas that will strengthen a candidate’s ability to secure employment and meet their essential needs. At Boston Workers Alliance we identifies a range of needs from resume writing and interview practice to assistance with securing affordable housing and transportation options.
BWA provides a range of in-house and external referrals to respond to immediate needs:
• Creating a training and education plan to help clients initiate longer-term strategies to improve their labor position.
• Provide referrals to public benefit programs, including SNAP and DTA, subsidized energy assessments and home weatherization, and public housing programs.
• Job Search Support, ensuring that job seekers have the basic necessities to apply and secure a job.
a) Clients receive 1-on-1 help with resume and cover letter development
b) Interview preparation, and
c) Assistance in navigating online job application
Boston Workers Alliance job search support program is recognized by the Department of Transitional Assistance as an approved employment program for recipients of SNAP / food assistance to fulfill their job search requirements.
Boston Workers Alliance provides specialized CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) Assistance to individuals who have a criminal record as a barrier to employment.
• Assists Clients in Obtaining CORI
• Interpreting CORI to Participant
• Identifies Avenues for Sealing and Dismissed Cases
Over the years we have partnered with the City of Boston’s office of Fair Housing and Equity to create a training program for job seekers to use newly adopted municipal CORI regulations to identify CORI-friendly job opportunities. Boston Workers Alliance is the only service agency in Boston that currently offers CORI assistance.
Boston Workers Alliance has gained notoriety for its formation of Massachusetts’ first non-profit temporary staffing agency, the Boston Staffing Alliance. The Boston Staffing Alliance provides:
• Placements for Pre-qualified Candidate Pools
• Temporary Jobs, Temp-to-Permanent Placements
• Direct Hires
All candidates have received Job Search and CORI support through Boston Workers Alliance, workers center. Clients that receive direct job placements are supported by a set of wrap-around services to ensure success in their new workplaces and maintain satisfaction by employers.